1.18.2012

Trust...(it says enough in just the word)

day 18...

trust me it will be a good one (or rather i think they are all good & you just hold your breath to get through the whole thing)...

...trust is very small word with so many meanings...we trust that our teachers will teach our kids with every effort possible...we trust our priest/pastor will guide us spiritually...we trust our the server at the restaurant will not serve us a spitter...we trust our friend will tell us the truth (especially when there is booger hangin' out of your nose or spinach in our teeth)...we trust that those we choose to surround ourselves with our good people...we trust that when we give someone our heart they will take care of it, just as if it is their own...

so when that trust is broken...not when it comes to the mechanic screwin' you over but when it deals with the matter of the heart...is that person ever able or rather are they worthy of your trust again?  is it true that this matter is black & white there is no grey (is that how you spell grey or is it gray, hmmm; sorry i digress)??  or is it quite possible that someone could fall into the grey?

i honestly don't know (& yes i am all knowing if you have not figured it out yet, you will)...&  among so many other things that i have encountered throughout my 30 years on earth, i struggle with (more so than ever)...so...

i guess the biggest question of all, is how does one get it (that peace, that love, that forgiveness, that everything you put in them) back when they have destroyed all trust in them?
how?

a question to the masses (or the few)...answer away...

TT <3
DG <3

2 comments:

  1. I think trust is a two edged sword, meaning that the information you give out or trust you put in someone has to also be followed by a certain level of confidence or trust in yourself. I'm coming from a therapy standpoint (of course :D) But when I share information with clients about myself I have to be fully willing to have that thrown back in my face in a negative way (because my client's are crazy and you never know what they are going to do). So if we bring that concept back into the real world I like to think that as soon as I put trust into someone, I have to be prepared for disaster at the same time. I trust Nick 110% (my husband and Danielle's brother for those unknowing) but I also have to have the realistic perspective that it is possible for that trust to be broken. It is not a lapse in trust or a safe guard but rather a view of possibilities. With this framework, broken trust is manageable. From that broken trust, it becomes a personal decision for how you handle your emotions and actions.

    There you go...therapeutic blurb of the day. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so kate, & i would expect nothing less...thank you for sharing & the therapy...

      Delete