1.23.2012

remember college, now those were the days...

day 23...

in my 29 (almost 30) years on this earth i frequented a college or two, but most of it was spent on the campus of THE Ohio State University, aka what i like to refer to as ohio state...

& what is the saying, like wine, "it got better with age..."

so let us take a stroll down memory lane & discuss how college has helped me become the mature, responsible, well rounded adult (insert thought or rather you are just laughing your a%@ off at that last statement) that you tune in & read everyday...you can also thank my very dear friend/college roommate for this post, we had a little chat tonight, & she got me thinking (& what a dangerous thing that can be...)

ps, have you also noticed a trend of lists or rather blocked thoughts within my posts, either i am trying to be organized with my thoughts (cause even though the posts are completely random & you never know what you are going to get; haha Forest Gump; there might be some organization in the actual post itself) or i am losing it in my old age and have to give myself an outline to stay on track (i definitely would go with the latter)...

ok so here is the run down of college or maybe just the highlights, & thank God i was a light weight and can actually remember them...& go...

2000 -- yes i was that cool person who actually graduated in that year (check it off your bucket list that you now know someone)...i had never left my mother (my parentals for longer than a few days & even that is up for debate, i was a homebody) & there i was saying good-bye & bawling my eyes out (ask my brothers & sister in laws)...this event = significant b/c as some say i left & never came back...& i pretty much hated my entire freshman year, except for the fact that i lived with, met & became friends with one of my closest & dearest friends...ps we lost to m*ch*g%n (& pps osu vs. w*ch$g!n week probably thee best week in college but i however never jumped in mirror lake)...

(sit tight i am not going to chronicle everything...that would be so NOT fun, & i kind of want you to keep reading)

2001-- we beat the school up north, 2002, beat them again only to go the national championship game; which i attended thanks to my sister (see told you her jobs rocked my world, need less to say i hung out in lots of football locker rooms that year, can we say FUN)...2003 (the year my sister & i traveled to almost every away game, it was nice having an in), we lost, ohh wait i am not done there was grad school -- 2004 = WON & 2005 = WON, not bad 4-2 while i was in college...

well that sums up college, most osu students categorize their years on whether or not they beat "that school"...so you got the picture...

luckily;) i am just stating the record & there is a hell of a lot more to discuss (insert thought -- i was enjoying it & thought she was going to keep it short & sweet, boy i was so far from being right)...

here it is for real...(take 2)
...lived in baker & then resided on 14th near SBX, SBX = best book store, beekman's = best bagel sandwich's ever, plant bio (didn't everyone take that along with EALL), experienced NYC for the first time, closed down paninis south for good, did not clean up on a bus trip to purdue, ate at fly ply more than once, saw 4 kegs change names like 5 times, walked down pearl alley when i shouldn't have, attended many parties, frequented many bars, watched many people jump in mirror lake, hung out at quarters, at the end of each quarter ate spaghetti & drank smirnoff, hated date parties, got a paddle signed, lived with 60+ guys, which then caused me to learn way too much about guys, know what liquid dope is, cleaned my sister up after drinking too much liquid dope, made liquid dope for a party & forgot the alcohol portion (however everyone thought they were drunk, way funny), dealt with my share of pukings, yelled out loud in public, good luck to my brother nick with taking care of his gonorrhea (he didn't know what to say & i walked away laughing & yes, of course it was in front of some hot girls & to answer your question, NO he did not have it, deep breaths kate), pour some sugar on me became the going out song, went to class on all sides of campus except west, told many stories the next day, that started with, "do you remember," met some amazing people, played intramural sand volleyball, softball & flag football, watched my friend march down our dorm hallway, did 9 shots on my 21st b-day & then puked in long's bushes, attended osu at some point, at the same time with all my brothers & sisters (jj never left college so it counts), shopped at long's before it was lame barnes & noble, fell asleep during class, knew south campus before it became the gateway, student taught (ohh the stories, another blog another day), used a fake id (my sister's so perfect), went to a green jacket weekend, went to kegs & eggs (did not eat), thought i was going to be a lawyer (also true story, but found out they like you to go to business school & that was not happenin'), became a server & worked for my brother, watch friends fall in love/in like or just hook up, spooned with someone, fell in love with someone, obtained an undergraduate degree, almost quit grad school, had my heart broken, got kicked out a college class for talking (true story), skipped class, had the hots for a football player or two (they at least knew my name, thank you marisa), thought rosie o' grady's was an irish pub--it is not, was late to class (i guess i should put that i showed up to class on time, b/c that was the rarity) took children's lit. (AHH-MAZING); attended home, away, & bowl games, hung out in many training rooms (yes that is where the cool kids hung out), went to numerous training parties where alcohol was housed in gatorade containers & served in gatorade cups, and taping an ankle was the activity (kidding not about the gatorade though), experienced UDF a many times, almost went & saw Snoop Dogg, kissed a few of the guys i lived with (mind out of the gutter, like a peck), became an aunt, stuck 23 pieces of gum in mouth during a grad class (also true story), met some of my closest friends, created an invitation dedicated to super mario brothers, made a paper airplane out of a guest speakers handout (i told you i almost quit, this event was during that time & yes i apologized), fell in love with the deaf community, obtained a graduate degree, took hip hop & jazz (yes they have those classes, and yes you should take them), walked down high street more times than i can remember, started loving coffee, laid out on the oval (well i laid fully clothed unlike those that think it is a beach), did my senior crawl with my sister & lizz & did my dare, participated in 2 graduation ceremonies, one of which Christopher Reeves spoke yet, HELL YES that is superman...& said good-bye

WOW & that is all the s&%# that i can remember, college was fun, let's do that again some time...

*ps there goes the organization*

MAD <3

4 comments:

  1. Ah college. Wish I could go back......

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) you've taught your brother to do the same thing to me such as yelling out loud, in a Barnes and noble no doubt, "no I will not do that with you in the corner!" and 2) the oval does turn into a beach and I was one of the girls you probably made fun of :D

    ReplyDelete