1.15.2012

my cup runneth over...the card project!

day 15...

i am exactly 7 months away from turning 30...yes that is a hint to write it on your calendar, do the damn math, august 15th, your favorite person in the world is turning 30!

well on a sunday, what better way to celebrate the day by feeling extra thankful...first i am over the top, head over heels, thankful for people reading my blog, i actually have found immense pleasure (except maybe when i am tipsy & can't put a damn sentence together) in writing it...& i am even MORE thankful people are not just reading it but enjoying it (NO i did NOT pay them, nor did my mother)....i had two people comment on it...& literally made my heart smile!

second, my very dear friend from college (who i am always so super lame with & have bailed on her numerously & definitely do not call enough) sent me thee most AHH-MAZING note in the mail...my heart is still beaming from her words & it was b/c as she told me due to the fact that i wrote on my blog that we should take the time to write a letter/note/card to someone & she did it & that person was me...it made feel so awesome & so much better than so many things...i honestly do not think i can ever thank her enough for her gesture...no words to describe it...& the fact that it was on some paper that is meaningful to the 2 of us & that she took the time to write it, i am speechless...(insert thought -- thank God, never thought that would happen)...{PS, i almost texted her & thanked her but i picked up the phone...see i am trying to follow my own rules & besides i owed her a call, so the spirit moved us}

third, one of my biggest goals in life, not in just this year, is to be the light to others, to touch people's life just as SO SO many have touched mine, & by her sending that note, i feel like i am on my way...

**side note, a song shared by another good friend at an amazing place is kind of my anthem, listen...(ignore scary face; hello people bad place to pause it)

...my last statement for this thankful sunday...(which i was seriously considering before my letter & my friend kind of sealed the deal for me)...is i am introducing the card project (now i know i am genius but somebody i believe has done this before)...so how the card project works, everyday i will be mailing one card/letter/note to family, friends, maybe even a stranger, who knows to amount to at least 365 cards/letters/notes (relax, i know i already missed 15, so there will be certain days in which there are 2 until i am caught up)...the message can be anything but maybe it will have the same affect (this might be where i am supposed to write "effect", some times i struggle with English, ohh wait you knew that if you have been reading) my friend had on me...& maybe just as she solidified my inspiration, it will inspire others...so as i finish everyday i will also be adding initials to who i am writing, & then as i conclude my 365 days of being 30 i will write the list of my names of those who have touched & left footprints on my heart)...i am excited, & to my dear friend, i sincerely thank you!

literally as my cup was running over, my heart is smiling...

SK <3 :)


2 comments:

  1. I would love a letter or card from you. I miss your family and feel that I should have more people in my life like you and yours. I love to read how your life is going and so happy that thing are good for you. If you are ever bored (like I am everyday but really do love being a stay at home mommy) give me a call or text. 4192905192
    Your long lost friend,
    Melissa Barr (Salo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melissa,

      that is so sweet, we miss you guys as well...loved having you guys a part of our life & wish we stayed better friends...and i hope & pray that you are well...i will for sure call/text you...please say hi to your family...talk to you soon...a friend always :) danielle

      Delete