1.17.2012

my kitchen counter looks like an arab grocery store threw up...

& my siti would be so proud...

day 17...

well obviously by that title you can assume that weigh day was big fat -- fat a*$ problem...meaning i gained a pound (& after today probably another one) which probably occurred btwn. the awesome italian dinner, the amazing appetizers, or the spectacular family brunch (now i didn't say i didn't enjoy, it was just my hips enjoyed it a little more)

...to conquer this 1 pound gain-age (yes that is a word, google it)...you would think i would work my hardest today, that would be a big (almost as big as my hips) NO...did i mention i work with chocolate & on occasion they allow me to go to the kitchen where the chocolate is made (insert thought -- a fat kids dream come true & it truly is:)...anyways those peanut butter smoothies (thee most AHH-MAZING piece of candy ever, like a party in your mouth) were staring me down & of course i did not want them to feel neglected so i took one & ate it...my legs were taken out by a piece of chocolate...

...so it was no surprise that all the rest of the chocolates were coming at me full force...i resisted...i maintained...then the chocolatier, decided he was going to make his own type of brittle...not just with peanuts...but other kinds of nuts, almonds, cashews, & peanuts (hello, is your mouth watering b/c mine is all over again)...then use the caramel we use for the caramel corn & douse them in it...i mean do i even need to continue with this post, YES i almost ate the whole damn bag...there goes my body taken out by the heavenly brittle...

...to put the icing on the cake (fat kids use food analogies it makes us feel better) & completely finish me off for the day.....my mother suggests at the Med. store this past weekend (not medicine but Mediterranean, we think its cool (or maybe its just me) to abbreviate a whole region, i.e. Leb. for lebanese) that i grab a little pita, some leban (our version of yogurt/sour cream), & some jibhan (cheese, not just cheese, glorious cheese); (these three items of food i cannot even tell you make my stomach do flips i love them so much, i could write an ode to them)...anyways she then tells me to take the jibhan and put in the pita and melt it on the stove (which ps if you decide to take me up on this wonderful dish, the pita can tend to catch on fire, so mind your P's & Q's so you don't burn your house down or WORSE ruin the food)...i mean sounds amazing right, & holy s&%$ it was so incredible...& i added some tomato & avocado...i am still in awe how good it was...thank you mom, excellent recommendation & siti i know you are smiling down at me, a.) for the food & b.) for enjoying it as i so did!

**side note the dish i spoke about in the said paragraph above this one, is actually not that bad for you, i think what ruined the day was the foods before & after...or over indulging!

...finally the little snack that comes after the cake (yes, hello have you not been reading, i am & will always be a true fat kid & I LOVE food, if you can't tell already)...i finished my day with 2 cookies (soft chew, way to go keebler elves, keep up the good work:) & a reeses peanut butter cup (i do not have peanut butter smoothies lying around so i will eat a frozen RPC, which is actually the only way to eat them)...

**confessions of true fat kid -- the said recollection of the day, is missing a detail, the said fat kid (me) forgot to tell you of her little snacky, snack at the candy store, she has refused to comment, but wanted to let you know if you are going to blow a diet do it big or you will regret it tomorrow!

Cheers, to getting back on the wagon!

CMD <3 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment