2.21.2010

every sunday i find myself in a familiar place...without a title & facing the scale...

41 & 42 days have gone by....


**disclaimer 65...if i haven't said it before i am saying it now (or again)....surround yourself with awesome supportive family...they always make you feel wonderful:):)

...did i mention on friday, that this weekend would be filled with parties, or in my family, "eatfests"...before the "eatfests" even take place my dad makes me an amazing breakfast, we are not talking a bowl of granola, a half of grapefruit and a whole grain low fat muffin...nope he makes french toast bread add the fat, lathered with butter and syrup and he never goes small, he usually puts on 2 -3 slices and then asks if you are still hungry....and before you can even say no, he gives you another 2 pieces (i am not saying he twists my arm, fat kids blame others for eating)....so that was breakfast...& i am pretty sure there was some snacking before the actual "eatfest"...

"Eatfest" 1...my cousin had a baby & his mom wanted to have all of us up to see the baby and of course what else eat (yes, we were bred from lebanese"boaters" that one of their many talents was to feed their families, & the tradition continues)...so my cousin's spread consisted of pizza (like 5 different kinds), tortellinis, plain noodles, veggie marinara sauce (i'm not done), garlic bread, salad, chicken tenders, and i forgot all the appetizers that came before the meal...let's just say it was a kitchen table full of apps...then for dessert she had fruit (healthy:), cheesecake (amazing), cookies (2 kinds), chocolate cake (at least i avoided this treat), & lebanese cookies (another thing that escaped my mouth)...did i mention we not only cook for (well i don't) our families but we LOVE to eat as well...so the food was good, the company was even better & the points were probably in the range of 500 - 1500 points....

day 2 of the "Eatfest"... consisted of my niece's 5th birthday party...my sister in law also a woman coming from a lebanese family also provides an "eatfest"...so we eat fried fish (2 kinds), french fries, salad (nope that's not all), mejudra (a lebanese lentil dish, which i do not know how to spell), green beans, noodles and ohh yes, the appetizers yet again...& then the dessert my mom's wonderful cake (which i am not even a cake person, but it was so so good) & ice cream, chocolate covered raisins, m&m's, & fruit...we try to throw in healthy food here & there; however it does not always end up in my mouth...& by my own free will i had to have a netty's freeze earlier in the day (a local ice cream joint in toledo, that i think just reopened from being closed during the winter, so technically i had to get some to a) support the local economy & b) jump start spring & say good bye to winter, it was my patriotic duty, fat kids can justify anything)...so everyone understand the 2 day "eatfest", good because my stomach, my thighs & of course my ass does & will thank me tomorrow as i get on the scale...

days 41 & 42...i ate enough points to last me a couple of weeks thanks to the "eatfest"...
..until tomorrow...weigh day...

2 comments:

  1. even though i felt like shit driving home last night, the food was soooo good all weekend!

    ReplyDelete