3.23.2012

i love old people...

day 83

i have to admit it, i love them...they make me smile...they have thee most amazing stories and have so much to share with you...i have been fortunate and blessed to have many of these peoples in my life...so here are just a few...

...my old neighbor when i was younger was this man, Mr. Golding, i would show up to his house about 4ish every day to get a full hour of the cosby show & golden girls with him...& we would finish it off with sandwich cookies (not oreos) but they were always so good...he taught my brothers how to change a glass window (yes that is b/c they would break several windows & need to fix them before my parents came home)...he also would come over & stay with us sleeping kids if my mom would have to run some where in the mornings...i just adored him...

...mrs. kallil, is actually my aunt's mother in-law, she lived to be over 100 and she was so with it, she would cook these amazing meals for her family and feed anyone & everyone that showed up...i would play bosada (a card game) with her, & her eye sight wasn't great so i would tell her what cards she has & she would still cheat and beat me...she told me many many stories about how she came over from overseas..amazing women...

many many ladies & gentlemen at my church who fed me, who told me stories, who yelled at me & hugged me...

...my grandma pedro, my dad's mom who is one of thee best storytellers...she is like a gigantic history book, i love talking to her...the beauty of her, is i was blessed to have her living two blocks from me, so i had access to these stories & my wonderful grandma...

...mary ann, she is the woman who started the company i now work for, she is fun & fabulous, and has taken me in as her own...loves

...the random oldie, who i meet at some function, or just on the street & they shared some sort of wisdom...thank you for sharing...

...my siti & giddo passed long before i had the opportunity to meet them...however God blessed me with two GREAT substitutes...my uncle don, who i loved, he made me smile & my favorite place to be was sitting on his lap & laying on his stomach...he was so there for my brothers, sisters & i...& my aunt stella, i could probably write a book on how much i love her, she is my heart...& makes me smile...she loves me so much (as well as my brothers & sisters) that she (& my uncle don) became another set of grandparents...and we are/were so blessed to have them...i love that she is willing to stay up with me until 3:30 am just chatting...my aunt stella = <3...

just like kids they make life that much more interesting & i love them...so to all those older people in my life who have made me smile, fed me, hugged me, & loved me...i thank you, i hope i carry on just like you...

KP <3

No comments:

Post a Comment