3.25.2012

aunt stella...

day 85...

you literally make my heart smile!

(yes i know i just spoke about the elderly but this is special dedication post so it doesn't count)...

...today is my aunt stella's birthday...and i cannot thank God enough for the blessing she has been in my life...i love her...she has become like a siti to me (& my brothers and sisters)...she has been at so many graduations, grandparents' days, games, dance recitals, weddings...she has just been there...

...one of my favorite things is when she shows up any where, is to walk over and hug her & take in her smell...she has an aunt stella smell that i hope to have with me forever...

...i love getting the chance to talk with her...the last time i did this we were up until 3:30 am and she was taking me to the airport at 5:30 to catch a flight, yes, that would be her staying up to talk to me...probably one of the best discussions of my life...she always wants to know what is going on with me & looking out for me...

...she always tells me, "danielle i am not getting any younger & i hope to see you get married"...then i so kindly reply, "you better be, b/c i swear aunt stella if you are not i will dig you out of the ground and stick your body in a seat..."  what can i say i am subtle but she laughs at that comment...& i know she will be there, thank God, i just know it (when/if it happens)...

...one of my scariest moments of my life, she came to columbus to watch me walk for graduate school...she seemed fine, but she fell asleep outside in a chair (mind you my best friend's family was concerned & we all just said don't worry she does that all the time)...well my mom went to wake her up...and she was talking to my mom but her eyes weren't opening...she had had a stroke & thankfully by the grace of God, people moved quickly & she is so fine...God knew we needed her awhile longer...

...she lost the love of her life about 20 years ago, & i know there is not a day go by she doesn't miss him & would do anything to see him; yet she has never stopped living...which i know is also him pushing her along...

...she has 4 awesome kids, a bunch of grandkids, some great grandkids, 2 sisters, 1 brother, & a slew of nieces & nephews, not to mention the other family members & a ton of friends, yet she manages to, no matter who it is, to make you feel special, at that moment when she sees you, that you are the only one (well she does that to me, sorry if you haven't got that vibe from her, i must be special;)...

...i have several friends of mine & even family that call her aunt stella, she says to me, "everybody calls me aunt stella..." & then laughs...which i know is her way of saying how flattered she is that so many people think that way of her...& she is a little bit of everybody's aunt stella (i guess i will share her)...

...she is passionate about her family & friends, & loves her faith...she is an angel sent to me from up above who makes me smile, laughs with me, cares about me, hugs me, gives me advice, supports me, & wants the best for me...she is MY AUNT STELLA...

...God knows that we can't do it alone so he gives us angels & our lives are forever changed...
Happy Birthday to an angel who makes my heart smile...
happy birthday aunt stella, many blessings ♥ :)




<3 KP

No comments:

Post a Comment