11.05.2012

Jane Austen and I could be one in the same...

day 310...

“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
(Jane Austen)

...I have recently discovered that Jane Austen is my person from another decade...she was a strong minded, independent thinker that wanted an epic romance and in fact fell in love only to have her heart broken...but no matter what she didn't stop living and writing...she turned the stories of her heart into the greatest classics of her time that are still read to this day...if you don't see the parallels I guess the next time we meet I will draw a diagram of the uncanny likeness between us...

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
(Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice)

...but for now I will keep her in my thoughts as I approach my next chapter in life...

*disclaimer if I turn out to be a spinster and a famous author, I get to say told you so...

"but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.”
(Jane Austen)

<3 RB

No comments:

Post a Comment