7.11.2012

this one is for some of the good ones...

day 193...


"...God give us those who we need...there are many people that will come in & out of our lives but the ones that truly matter leave footprints on our heart & we are never the same..."  so many phrases, quotes, comments about people, & how blessed we are to have them in our lives...                                                                                                                        ...today i celebrate one of those people, my Godfather, donald, on his birthday, but at the same time remembering another one of those people, my Godfather's dad, my uncle don...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   ...the man, my uncle don, holding me as a baby was one my most favoritest people in the world, his heart was amazing, and my time spent with him was so short but my memories of him are so strong, those that i hold in my heart...he was more of an uncle, he was like a giddo (grandfather) to me, i loved sitting on his lap, resting my head on his belly, i remember him taping many movies for my brothers, sister & i, he loved strawberry ice cream, i vividly remember his whole face smiling when he was happy, and how when you looked into his eyes, you saw kindness, and that my aunt stella was the love of his life...

...today of all days, i thought of him, and had this strong connection between him, donald, and i...and knew that this post was about the celebration of a birthday, along with a celebration of 2 people's lives, 2 of which i am blessed to know/known, 2 people who parallel & mimic one other, 2 people who have a special place in my heart, who have done so much for me, that i am eternally grateful...

...the other man (i am standing next to) was blessed 30 years ago with a little cousin, that would be me :)...but even then his presence in my life would forever be different, my parents chose him to be my Godfather, and a blessing to me he took on the task...& of all the many things that a Godfather stands for, one of the main ones was helping me to become a better version of me, and he has done that for me; just as his father did many years ago...

...simple how the parallel of two people's lives are so prevalent in another person's life, & their lasting effects are etched in your heart forever...

<3 MN
                                                                                                                                                                                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment