7.20.2012

the best part of a home is when it is full...

day 202

...b/c that is when it is consumed with love...if you haven't figured it out already i come from a large family...however when i was little i wanted to be an only child...i kept thinking why didn't my parents only have me...i now know why; b/c it would have been a monumental mistake; b/c i can't imagine my life without those people i grew up with, my brothers, my sister + all the other people that would fill our house, whether it be extended family or friends...that was when it was the best...the more the merrier...i want the same one day for myself and my family...people continually coming over to visit...my kids having friends over...a revolving door to my house...

...people give homes' spirit...and they fill it with so many noises that it is like Puccini in the opera house, just a perfect sound...even when i went away to college i couldn't study without noise, and now i cannot work without people being around me, talking, laughing, just living...the best feeling &sound in the whole world...

...this weekend my apartment came to life...my brother, sister in law & 3 kids came to stay with me...& it surged an energy into my apartment that made it feel more like home & i loved every minute of it...& no matter how crazy it is that we are crawling over each other, and them having their kids sleeping on them, i would have not changed it for one second...

...just like i would not have changed anything about the house i grew up in...that house taught me a lot but, the people that filled that house were the ones that taught me life's greatest lessons...& most importantly taught me how not to just have a house but to have a home...a home where when it is filled, your heart can do nothing but be overfilled with joy...

the people in house make it a home, & that makes a home a life worth living...


<3 EZ

No comments:

Post a Comment