6.01.2012

POPCORN...

day 153

...not just any old microwaveable or movie theater, but honest to goodness homemade popcorn....

...you know how certain foods evoke a very specific memory...(well they do for me)...i love, love popcorn...i will eat it if i pop in a bag in the microwave or when we go to the theater...but my all time favorite is homemade...& every time i eat it i think of my mom...i distinctly remember all the times she would look at me when i am at home, & say with a huge grin on her face..."want some popcorn"...& i would answer yes, but no butter...& that is how she would make it...pull some popcorn out for me & then add butter to hers...

it is almost as if the smell of popcorn, the word popcorn, & the actual taste symbolizes my mom...so now that i am living away from my mama...i eat my popcorn from a bag i popped in the microwave...but sometimes when i go to my cousin's house, she will make homemade popcorn...& instantly i smile, grab a handful, and think of my mama....

for all the popcorn memories cheers...mama <3

<3 BF

No comments:

Post a Comment