6.06.2012

how will we celebrate you...

day 158...

(see i said you i wouldn't repeat myself until day 102, & looky, looky it is day 158...so props to me & technically i am not repeating...it is just in relation to the topic i previously wrote)...

...i try to maintain a happy sentiment in my blog posts (not always there have been some depressing posts as well as some of the writing ;)...however this one is going down a different path...but as you read, please remember, life is about celebration from beginning to end...

tonight as i attended the calling hours for my uncle, i looked around the room...the one thing you tend to notice as you get older so does everyone else...& that big group of people who were old when you were younger, are now really old & their group is getting smaller & smaller...which for the most part only forces you to realize how precious life is & how blessed you are to have those people in your life no matter the length of time...cherish people always, it is a direct gift of love from God...

the next part, which even though we dare not to think it, our minds go to that place where we think, how will i be celebrated...i know there will be that time when God (fingers crossed) says, "ok, danielle it is time to come play with me..." i want people to celebrate me...so no casket, no flowers...put me in a box, bury me & throw a party...a party to emulate my spirit...so i will be with all of you celebrating, talking, eating (of course) & being in that moment of each other...so instead of crying, laugh as if my spirit fills the room, & know that i am laughing with you...

...what will people say...i hope they will say i was loved & loved with all my heart...i hope they will say i worked but played even harder...i hope they will say i adored my family & friends...i hope they will say they knew me for my faith & that i felt blessed always...i hope they will remember my smile, and my laugh, i hope they will say my spirit & my energy were infectious...i hope they will say i lived as if this was it...i hope they will say i was the light...i hope they will say i loved people & that people inspired me...i hope they will say i had a passion for all & for everything...i hope they will say they will miss me, but they know i am smiling down on them and will live in their hearts forever...i hope...

& i hope they will say, "i'll be seeing you..."

...to live life is to celebrate...to be remembered is to honor that celebration...


<3 MD



No comments:

Post a Comment