5.24.2012

my whole other world...

day 145...

...i have a whole other world, that i love...it is a part of me that i experienced for the first time over 8-10 years ago...the first time i encountered this whole other world was when i was sitting in a college class and a woman stepped up and started talking about the school/program she worked with...to engage myself in this topic more, i started volunteering in a classroom & i fell in love with this other world...this journey took me to meet my best friend, who also introduced me further into this world...& i fell completely in love, so i pursued harder into this world, i took classes, and even stepped further out there, & took classes at another school so as to obtain more skills to function in this world...eventually over the course of time i met some amazing people and had some of the best experiences...& then i got a job where i was able to teach in this other world...it wasn't just my job, the world was/is a passion and i was able to interact socially within my other world...

this other world, that i am blessed to have experienced...the Deaf world, & even though i no longer teach Deaf kids (whom i loved, it was the other sh*# that i hated, another story, another blog)...i still want to be a part of this world i discovered not so long ago...so i got involved within the Deaf community in GR, i am going back to obtain my interpreting license (i should have finished a long time ago; but thought i had all the time in the world, wrong i was & mom you were right)...i am trying to stay connected to this world that showed me whole new way to communicate, who allowed me to witness and learn about history and tradition...who let me in & interact...

i have a whole other world, that fills my heart & soul...the Deaf world...

if you have never experienced anything Deaf or their language American Sign Language (ASL), please take a moment and do so, when someone is skilled in this language the way they move their hands to communicate is so peaceful and quite an art...your eyes will be opened to a whole new world...

a video of ASL interpretation of Grenade...


ps...at the age of 35, God willing, i will be adopting a Deaf kid...bucket list, check it!

<3 KH

2 comments:

  1. I felt so much more emotion from that song after watching her sign! That was way cool.

    ReplyDelete