4.15.2012

life is bittersweet...

day 106



...life has a tendency to be bittersweet...those moments in life where it throws you a delightful curveball...

this weekend was my easter (insert thought, yeah yeah i know she has been blogging about it for the last week & half) & my whole entire family (18 of us) was together, what an AHH-mazing thing for all of us to be in the same city, celebrating Christ rising...& it was so much fun, my nieces & nephews love playing with each other, & no matter what (i know i have mentioned this before) they always brighten my day...& i always love to see my parents' faces when their kids/grand kids are around, just pure happiness...& if you know my brothers, sisters & i we pretty much have fun no matter where we are...in fact i actually wanted to you tube the conversation my brother nick had with my sister in law kate, put it this way my abs totally got a work out :)...easter is about celebrating the passion of Christ but it is also about celebrating family & friends and being together...it makes my heart smile just thinking about it...& i know i am SO SO blessed...

...also this weekend was a retreat, Teens Encounter Christ (TEC) that i have worked on since my junior year in high school (do the math, its a long time)...but for the past two years i have been unable to attend, last year being i had no time off & this year it was my easter...now i know i have talked about Carey, i love this place, i feel completely at peace when i am there...and uber close to God...it just makes sense...& this retreat has been a part of me for so long that i love to see the transformation of the girls, & some of my dearest friends (who i don't talk to that often but we manage to stay in touch) have come out of this retreat...so i was bummed to have missed this twice, so Friday night after services i drove down to Carey & had my TEC moment & the same peace that greets me every time i show up in Carey was there yet again...

it was another bittersweet moment...sad to miss my friends, the experience, the place & happy to have my short moment, HOWEVER i would not have traded the experience i had at home with my family...God had a way of making it that kind of moment...& i am thankful:)

these bittersweet moments, even though we often don't realize them happen at random times..they help us move through life, allowing to us to appreciate it one bittersweet moment at a time!

LiVe iN tHe BiTtErSwEeT!

<3 LS

No comments:

Post a Comment